Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Fox Glacier Inn, Pod Hostel, Bigfoot Restaurant & Bar Freehold for Sale
The Fox Glacier Inn and Pod Hostel and the Bigfoot Restaurant & Bar is a thermal hotspot for backpackers visiting Fox Glacier. A fantastic and highly profitable business model caters to thousands of visitors from all around the world for accommodation, food and beverage and entertainment. Here is the chance to purchase the land and buildings of this unique business.
Here is truly a rare opportunity to run this trendy and lucrative business and live the lifestyle. This is a happening place in Fox. It is a significant venue.
- Offers a series of pod style accommodation and private rooms
- The fun-loving atmosphere in the bar comprises a pool table, darts, dance floor and after dinner
- Consistent group bookings for accommodation and food
- There is the potential to run a Breakfast and Lunch service in the restaurant to increase revenue
- The business has the potential for new construction, renovation, and modifications
- This well-established business comes with a lease term worth over a decade
- A large parking space provides a great revenue opportunity from campervan parking
- Hot pool and laundry facilities
- The Accommodation can sleep up to 108 persons plus accommodate campers and tents
- The restaurant can seat up to 70 persons
- There are 11 pod rooms, 3 backpacker rooms, 16 ensuite rooms, 33 parking lots and 4 powered
- A four-bedroom staff house is available for an additional rent
- Everything is ready to simply step in and run
Accommodation Offering: Affordable and superior quality accommodation to suit all budgets and travelers with the bonus of one of the best views in the Fox Glacier’s accommodation area. Guests can choose pod rooms that sleep 4 or 5 persons, backpacker twin share rooms, or twin or double ensuite rooms.
Campers have the options of powered sites, un-powered sites in carpark, tent site, and showers.
The Bigfoot Restaurant & Bar with the Bigfoot Sculpture invites all visitors to Fox Glacier to stop and take a photo. The restaurant operation is converted from a Restaurant to a night club and it is the happening place for all in visitors staying overnight in Fox.
In the area: Fox Glacier is located in the Westland Tai Poutini National Park and takes its name from Sir William Fox, who visited the Glacier as Prime Minister of New Zealand in 1872. It is one of the few Glaciers in the world which exists in such close proximity to both an ocean and a rainforest. The unique setting of Fox Glacier and the speed of the ice-flow (up to 3 meters per day in places) make for some of the most dynamic ice formations of any glacier. Franz Joseph Glacier is located within 20- minutes from Fox Glacier. These glaciers are not missed by tourists who visit New Zealand. Fox Glacier belongs to the West-Coast region which offers many tourist attractions. It is en route between the popular tourist drive from Queenstown to Christchurch.
While this is the Freehold (land and buildings) for sale, please note that the Leasehold Going Concern is also for sale. (Check the other listing 25315) A buyer has the opportunity to combine both offers and create a Freehold Going Concern.
If you’re looking for a hot spot backpackers, restaurant & bar, offering a wonderful work/life balance and great income, then contact Dilan now.
Asking Price NZ$1,900,000 + GST (if any)
For more information or to arrange your private viewing, please contact specialist Accommodation Business Broker, Dilan De Silva.
If you would like to know more, please register on our website.
Real Property Included
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business