Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Leasehold Independent Brewery Business for sale – £65,000
• 6 Barrel Plant, stainless steel, manufactured by Johnson Brewing Co. of Rochdale.
• Enviable reputation with numerous positive reviews.
• Spacious well-equipped premises.
• Low overheads – rent of £160 per week.
• Annual Turnover of £100,000pa.
• Scope to brew seven days a week.
• Can make 1500 pints in 7 hours.
• Operated by owner and one brewer.
• All branding and recipes included in sale.
• Supplier contacts (grain, hops, finings etc) all provided with accounts established.
• No business rates payable – 100% relief.
• Licensed premises with Brewery Bar on site.
• Suppliers of over eighty pubs throughout the North West area.
• Scope for the brewing of craft beer.
• Scope to brew ‘house’ lagers for various outlets (restaurants, clubs and pubs).
• Member of SIBA (Society of Independent Brewers).
• Brewery land line to remain at the site.
• Facilities to run Brewery trips for up to 80 people.
• Brewer for the day experiences run regularly throughout the year.
Aspire (Business and Company Sales Specialists) are delighted to offer for sale this highly regarded independent brewery business in Wigan, Greater Manchester. The brewery occupies spacious, lock-up, leasehold premises on a small business park easily accessible to all major North West conurbations and the motorway network.
The Brewery has been established since March 2014 and specialises in using the finest natural ingredients to create hand crafted real ales which are distributed throughout the North West. The Brewery occupies particularly spacious and well laid out leasehold premises, with the advantage of a 6-barrel plant. The equipment is all stainless steel (no plastic vessels) and manufactured by the Johnson Brewing Company of Rochdale, who are widely regarded as one of the finest brewery equipment manufacturers within the UK.
There are eight beers in the core range (listed below), that are available throughout the year, alongside seasonal specials. Also available are four of the core beers in bottles. All bottling done through Morrow Brothers of Preston. All labeling and bar codes are available for future use.
• Spinner’s Gold 3.8% - An enjoyable golden ale created with a well-balanced hoppiness, a pleasant citrus taste and a hint of spice.
• Clog Maker 4.0% - A rich golden full-bodied ale with a refreshing fruity flavour and an inkling of cedar and honey.
• Lancashire Loom 4.2% - A light golden ale bursting with a real fruit punch of grapefruit, lychees and lemon, with a slight floral note.
• Chonkin Feckle 3.8% - A golden yellow ale with a citrus hop aroma and slight floral notes.
• Knocker Upper 3.9% - A bright golden ale with a crisp hoppy aroma, deep spicy undertones with a hint of honey in the finish.
• D Day Dodger 4.1% - A deep red beer with subtle malt aromas, a refreshing round bitterness and a clean fruity finish.
• Wobbly Weaver 4.3% - A quaffable golden ale with hints of citrus on the nose, an explosion of tropical fruits and blueberry flavours. An ale to really tantalise the taste buds.
• Bomber’s Blonde 4.4% - A pale blonde ale with an intense hoppy aroma and a crisp refreshing citrus taste leading to a slightly dry finish.
• Arctic Convoy 4.5% - A traditional full-bodied stout with a rich roasted malt palate giving a pleasant hint of bitterness and a smooth chocolaty finish.
Currently the business has an annual turnover of £100,000 operated by the current owner and one member of staff, who is the ‘brewer’. The experience brewer is willing to remain at the brewery after the sale. The brewer takes care of the day to day running of the brewery including; brewing the beer, cask washing, racking the beer, all cleaning, stock taking, day to day paperwork and assisting with deliveries on and off site etc.
There remains infinite scope to increase turnover further (through employing an experienced sales representative), as the moment the business is run at a restricted pace due to external personal commitments of the owners. In additional there is the production capability to brew seven days a week if required, with the plant able to produce 1500 pints within seven hours. The premises also benefit from ground floor cold room storage as well as a small bar able to offer brewery tours and corporate ‘brew beer for a day’ events.
Leasehold premises briefly comprising;
Main Entrance, wide frontage with ease of access and ample off road vehicle car parking.
Open Plan production area,
5 fermenting vessels all with 1100 litre capacity with fitted with internal coolers, all fermenters on wheels and can be pulled out and washed.
Heat exchanger, whirl pool, mash tun, steamer, cask washer.
1100 litre hot liquor tank, 1100 litre cold liquor tank.
Fitted bar – capacity for 100 customers (for brewery tours and ‘be a brewer for a day’ events).
Kitchen, WC and basin.
Additional mezzanine level offices.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase such a highly regarded and well-equipped independent brewery offering infinite scope for future growth. Early discussions with Aspire, in confidence, must come highly recommended. Ref.1975.
Brewery for sale.
Brewery business for sale in Lancashire.
Brewery business for sale in Greater Manchester.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business