Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Purpose-Built Tourist Complex with Direct Access to Lake Matheson
** New to the market is this substantial Tourism Complex the only one with direct access to several iconic DOC walkways (in NZ's Top 100 sites), multiple purchasing options are available, and can include a significant owner/manager residence. The ultimate NZ home & business income! **
New Zealand’s iconic Lake Matheson Café and ReflectioNz Retail Gift Store and Gallery is situated at one of the South Islands key tourism sites in Fox Glacier. This comprehensive tourism complex, the only commercial operation with direct access to the walkaways, is exclusively offered for sale as various leasehold or freehold going concern options, to suit an astute tourism, hospitality and leisure business purchaser, keen to seize this iconic complex in a key location.
Key Sale Features:
- Iconic tourism destination
- Purpose-built Tourism Complex with high foot-traffic
- Positioned at the start & finish of two famous NZ walks Lake Matheson & Lake Gault
- Multiple income streams & multiple purchasing options
- Significant Owner/Manager Residence with additional apartment
- Staff Accommodation Options
- Plus future development potential
Lake Matheson Café and ReflectioNz Retail Gifts and Gallery is only a few minutes drive from Fox Glacier township, at the entrance to the highly popular Lake Matheson and Lake Gault Walkways, and the newly formed Omoeroa Kiwi Sactuary. This renowned tourism property and business enjoys exclusive access to the walkway, and is coupled with unsurpassed views of Mt Cook and Mt Tasman. The Lake Matheson walkway is one of the Department of Conservation’s 100 New Zealand Iconic Sites, and now you can literally own the gateway to this internationally recognised NZ attraction. The direct access takes people right between the two significant buildings.
- Cafe & Restaurant building, with indoor (100 approx.) and outdoor seating (60 approx.)
- Full commercial kitchen, walk in cooler and freezer rooms, office, locker room, and staff shower & toilets
- Retail Gallery & Gift store, staff room, store room, office, staff toilet, attached shed and generator
- Note: The generator can power the entire complex if required
Carpark & Other Facilities :
- Parking for approx. 11 coaches, 15 campervans, 6 accessible/mobility parks, and 87 sealed car parks
- Separate Carpark Toilet & Bathroom facilities also available
Lake Matheson Cafe & Restaurant:
Built in 2008 and approximately 300m², the Cafe was purpose built to capture the stunning views of the area and specifically Aoraki, Mt Cook, which is New Zealand’s highest mountain. It seats approximately 100 inside, and features an outdoor deck area of approximately 150m² which can seat approximately 60 people. The cafe offers a range of breakfast and lunch options, and dinner is available seasonally usually from November through to the end of March (high-season). The cafe offers quality food and coffee, alongside carefully selected wines, and the finest produce which is sourced locally. Being recipients of the NZ Beef and Lamb Hallmark of Excellence Award is a testament to this. The cafe has continuously earned this award since 2009, 10 years in a row. The cafe is currently ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Fox Glacier, with 1,365+ reviews received.
ReflectioNz Gifts & Gallery Retail Store:
This complex also includes the ReflectioNz Gifts and Gallery store, which offers a variety of products for every taste, from New Zealand made gifts and artwork to souvenirs, designer merino garments, West Coast greenstone and New Zealand themed jewellery.
Staff Accommodation – Cook Flat Road:
Constructed in 2009, on a a 5000m² property (approximately), are four separate two-bedroom, self-contained units, which are currently used as staff accommodation. Please see the Information Memorandum for full details on our website.
Residential Manager or Owners Accommodation, with Additional Apartment – Williams Drive:
Built in 2013, is a significant modern four-bedroom home, plus additional separate apartment, and three-bay shed. This property is able to be subdivided subject to consents. Please see the Information Memorandum for full details.
Comprehensive Tourism Complex Purchase Options:
1) Café & Retail complex as a Freehold Going Concern at $5,500,000 plus GST if any, which includes the Land, Buildings and Business (Plus Stock at Valuation (SAV) at approximately $110 – $135,000).
2) Café & Retail complex as a going concern leasehold business for $1,100,000 plus GST if any, (Plus Stock at Valuation (SAV) at approximately $110 – $135,000) (Rent payable would be Café $135,000, plus Retail shop at $80,000 totalling $215,000).
3) Café Only as a going concern leasehold business, for $600,000 plus GST if any, plus Food and Beverage Stock at Valuation with a rental payable of $135,000 plus GST if any.
4) Staff Accommodation Complex at 98 Cooks Flat Road, including 4 x two bedroom units at $1,000,000 plus GST if any.
5) A Residence & Separate Apartment Complex at 7 Williams Drive, at $995,000 plus GST if any.
There are two potential locations within the property to create tourism accommodation for guests, either near the existing retail/gift shop location, or East of the Cafe complex, please see the documents and maps for further information, on our website.
The Lake Matheson Tourism Complex presents astute investors with the rare opportunity not be missed! The various configurations for sale as leasehold or freehold going concerns, offer a hospitality and leisure business options, as well as possible accommodation options. In this unique and iconic location those with an astute eye, will not only see the present possibilities but also the future. Contact Adrian now to discuss this exclusive tourism opportunity.
For more information, please contact specialist Hospitality Business Broker, Adrian Chisholm, AREINZ now - act fast this won't last!
Available as lease or with real property included
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business