Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
This online retail business is targeted at a niche home and garden accessories and furniture market and is very much operated as a lifestyle business. Consequently it is currently set up for convenience, with the majority of the product range under dropship arrangements, and the remainder distributed via a 3rd party warehousing and dispatch operation. These arrangements of convenience necessarily impact profitability and the business currently provides a modest 2nd income to its owners.
Sales are predominantly UK based although the number of overseas visits to the website and enquiries suggest there is an opportunity to develop export sales. The business attends several specialist shows that generate repeat custom. The business operates on a Shopify platform and also has a presence on Amazon and Ebay.
The business is operated from home, with the help of a 3rd party warehousing facility and therefore can easily be relocated.
Opportunities to grow the business include:
• Extend the range of unique products
• Develop a wider range of vintage and craft products
• A coordinated social media marketing strategy, incorporating Pinterest and Houzz, in addition to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram activities.
• More frequent, targeted email marketing to the customer database
• Direct B2B marketing to garden and interior designers
• Increase the number of shows attended
• Develop a ‘bricks and mortar’ presence (something regularly requested by clients)
The business currently generates sales in the region of £40k, delivering owner earnings of around £10k (if de-registered for VAT). The guide price for the assets and goodwill of the business is £25,000 plus stock at cost value (estimated at £15k). The owners will support appropriate handover arrangements.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business