Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Few opportunities exist to take over a proven 12 year restaurant success story, especially in an award winning vacation destination like Costa Rica, as famous for its eco-friendly natural beauty as well as it’s incredibly warm hearted people.
This former Floridian restaurant owner/ Culinary Academy Instructor decided to open in the popular Central Pacific town of Jaco Beach, in 2007 and the raves have continued ever since. Famous for his Floridian style of using the freshest locally caught seafood; perfectly prepared tender meats from range fed to airborne (ducks); vegetarian creations that have meateaters convert; and sauces that are legendary (like the 32 ingredient salsa Mole) and all the while he's creating new modern dishes to go with the traditional
"comfort food" he's famous for.
The amazing thing is that his super well trained staff demonstrate excellence whether he’s in the kitchen or traveling abroad-- thus this place offers the rare opportunity to own it as an “absentee owner.” (Video cameras!) Consistency is their trademark and tradition, and of course all known restaurant food/drink/employee/utility/tax percentages are maintained at or below expected costs. Due to the success of this restaurant in 2019, the owners have recently decided to only be open 6 nights a week.
1. Size of the restaurant is about 2000 sq. ft (185 m2) with current seating for 90 with potentially 10-20 more, for $2048 monthly rent with 4 years on one lease with a 5 year extension. The place is modern, air conditioned and beautiful with quality comfortable furnishings, and top of the line kitchen equipment and fixtures which are included in the sale. Expansion possibilities exist and the building owners are great people and very willing to listen to your ideas.
2. Assets Included: A complete separate list of all FFE (furniture-fixtures-equipment) that shall be provided prior to and as an addendum to the Purchase and Sales Agreement. Purchased RECENTLY: Micros 3 terminal updated POS system; new bar Refri; new 60,000 btu AC installed March 15th, 2019, 2 new stainless steel prep stations were added; 2 new 125 gallon gas tanks purchased; plus a new espresso machine by Costa Rica's #1 coffee producer; 24 new chairs were purchased, booths reupholstered;
3. Food & Beverage inventory shall also be considered as an asset whose value to be discussed prior to the full Purchase Agreement is written. Liquor license allows business to remain open til 2.00am.
4. The Goodwill and Business Name: The Sellers recognize the importance of the name (fully copyrighted) and the existing goodwill (excellent off premise catering history too) and promise to not compete in the Jaco beach area for a period at a minimum of 5 years after the closing date.
5. Sellers train the new owner/owners for a period not less than 30 days and will provide details for every aspect of the restaurant to ensure continued success.
6. Sellers currently operate 6 nights/30+ hours a week, plus some catering (2 weddings coming up!). Lots of opportunities exist to expand the hours!
7. PRICE: Asking Price: $375,000 (in USD) This Valuation is based on the 12 year track record; proven cash register receipts; bank authorized credit card statements; and a very loyal following. We estimate less than a 3 year time frame to recoup your investment. Everything but the real estate is included (FF&E + Recipes!).
I am a realtor, but also a former restaurant owner, consultant, and foodie for many years, who has been living and working here for more than 22 years, in real estate. I have eaten in this great restaurant often and know (like so many others) that this place has been serving some of the best food ever created. The local staff is one of the best I have ever seen.
I have the "exclusive" right to sell this restaurant and I look forward to working with all realtors, either on a referral basis or as a split. I look forward to hearing from you, now is the time!
If interested, please contact me through the form on this page.
4 years + 5 year option, or more!
$24,000 (USD) per annum
There are a number of quality, gorgeous homes in the area, either beachside or ocean view, from tiny home to comfy beachfront condos to spacious palaces, in all price ranges.
(There won't be a problem finding you a great place to live, (and i have been in the real estate biz for over 20 years so i know....)
In the center of Jaco Beach, in Garabito, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, one block to the ocean. The outdoor patio can reveal gorgeous sunsets. Was Jaco's first fine dining location, and continues to pack them in, night after night.
Medium size restaurant, beautifully and casually decorated, Turnkey ready, all employees trained to run the restaurant without the owners. After 12 years, furniture-fixtures-equipment have been upgraded, including the new modernized POS system. People dress casually here in this beachtown, but not sloppy!
Yes, it's possible to build a mezzanine inside, and outside there is lots of space to add up to 8 more four-tops. Plus there exists an excellent relationship with the very friendly landlord so even more expansion is possible.
Acknowledged as one of Costa Rica's finest restaurants serving the finest in fresh LOCAL seafood, range-fed meats, organic veggies when available, and international specialties ranging from mole' to jerk to Cajun to American comfort food. This is considered by many the best restaurant in all of Costa Rica.
For personal reasons, wish to return to the U.S.
Monday thru Saturday nights, open only about 30 hours weekly 5:00pm-10:00pm (or as needed-up to 2:00 am thanks to their liquor license). Private events like Weddings (2 are coming up!) and parties with DJ's/bands are allowed.
Full 30 days of complete training. The owner is a graduate/instructor from a top notch Culinary Academy and is famous for the quality of his imparting wisdom to his students.
This is a turnkey operation and the past few years the Sellers have been traveling much more frequently. Their well trained staff keep it operating at top level!
Sorry no financing available, unless of course you make us an offer we can't refuse....
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business